Benefits of Permanent Resident Visa:
- Five years Multiple entry visas
- Allows to Live, study or work anywhere in Canada
- Can apply for Canadian Citizenship
- Provides the Healthcare and most of the other social benefits, which a Canadian Citizen gets.
- Access to the USA
- Can’t cast a vote or run a Political Office
- Can’t get any job that needs a high-level security clearance.
Different PR Visa Categories:
- Skilled immigrants through Express Entry program
- Federal Skilled Worker program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- PNP Programs
All of these programs work through a point system. The points are awarded based on some factors such as educational qualification, age, and language proficiency, work experience, adaptability, arranged employment, etc. factors. The qualifying point is 67out of 100.
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA): Educational certificates have to be assessed. The easiest way to do it by World Education Services. For ECA, one must send the university transcript.
- General Training IELTS Certificate is mandatory.
- With ECA and IELTS reports applicant can sign up for Express Entry Pool.
- Applicants are instructed to register themselves in job bank as well from where they can get in touch with overseas employers.
- In the pool, there will be Comprehensive Ranking as per the profile of applicant. Ranking will be done out of 1200points. Here anyone can receive extra points for PNP or LMIA nomination.
- There will be two draws of ranking per month.
- Once the applicant meets the cut-off the rank, one Invitation to Apply will be received.
- Within 90 days of ITA, Applicant must submit the documents and migration fees of CAD 550.
- Within a month applicant receives the instruction of getting a medical check-up and Police clearance certificate.
- Upon submitting these reports, embassy asks for the passport to be stamped.
- Later on, there is another fee called Right of Permanent Resident Visa Fess of CAD 490
PR (Permanent Resident) Card
When the PR holders reach Canada for the first time they receive the Permanent Resident Card (PR Card). The validity of the card is five years. The card can be renewed thrice for five years every time. The PR holder must carry the card when he is leaving Canada. It will be working as his Identity proof to enter into Canada.